Wednesday, June 26, 2013

More Emotional Than Usual.

Hello there beautiful!
Believe it or not today was a solid day. Usually here I would tell you about what I did today which would include work, working out, and a social life. Today I'm not going to do that. Because what I did today doesn't really matter. If I told you what I did today you wouldn't get much from it except for maybe 3 seconds of entertainment while you read about it. That 3 seconds of entertainment is not the goal for this post. This post was hand crafted to get more into the emotional aspect of my life, of my day really, but didn't it sound more intense when I said the emotional aspect of my life?

So today one of the first emotions that went through my head was pride. I was proud that I got up and got my butt to crossfit. Don't get me wrong, the love I have for crossfit and other intense workouts is extreme but the hardest part of each workout is getting to the actual workout. Feeling the suspense because you want to crush that interval harder than you did the day before. Feeling the butterflies in your tummy as the trainer counts down from 3-2-1-GO! The incredible feeling of not being able to feel your emotions and only feeling your body work. The immense feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction from completing a workout and leaving every drop of your heart on the mat in the shape of a sweat pool. Thats an hour of emotion that I truly live for. An hour of emotion that I rely on.

The next big emotions I felt today was at work. It was serenity. Maybe I was feeling nurture and safety. It happened when I asked my boss Aimee if the vicious rumors I'd heard about her were true. In fact they were. She was going to be leave our place of work for a big girl job, a career. It was bitter sweet. I really like Aimee, she makes me feel like 1 million bucks every time I talk to her. I'm not sure if it's only me that she makes feel that way or if it's just the way she is. But to me it doesn't matter. Aimee will be missed. Anyways, after she told me about her less that distant departure time she hugged me. I haven't yet mentioned the setting of this moment because its not the most impressive location. We were in the bathroom. She was hugging me as I washed my hands. I obnoxiously fake cried because it seemed like the right thing to do. Then I dried my hands and gave her a real hug. A hug that said "Hey! These past few months of summer with you have been a blast. I'm really going to miss you." I hope she heard what I was saying even though I wasn't quite ready to say it. Anyways! The emotions I was feeling was maybe love. I feel like I've been tossing that word around a lot lately. But maybe I mean it! At least I think I do. In that moment of our unofficial good luck and goodbye. I loved her. Basically I loved her personality and her demeanor, But that counts right?

If you can't tell I have this thing where I believe that when people leave I'm not going to see them again. I'm sure I will see Aimee again. She's to cool not to.

Long story short. Try to get in tune with your emotions rather than you actions.

Anyways that was my emotional post for the hour. I think I'm going to write another one and not post it for awhile. Not all of my life needs to be published to the web.

Bre: Emotions good and bad. ED: Still struggling with complete honesty.


No comments:

Post a Comment