Tuesday, June 18, 2013

And a Crossfit Animal Was Born

C
C
Sup Brosiah,


So last Saturday I went to Crossfit Revolution Sports of Anchorage Alaska and loved it! I've done crossfit before but never in the actual crossfit gym. There is a huge difference between doing crossfit and being a part of the crossfit cult! Doing crossfit is fun. You get to compete with your friends and look like a boss dying in the gym where everyone else has barely brought their heart rates past 130 bpm. People stare and possibly judge you. For me I don't love doing crossfit at the regular gym because you just look out of place. You're going TO hard. Is their such a thing as TO hard? There is but not while you're doing just one crossfit Workout Of the Day (WOD). I don't think you should be judged for any workout you are doing in a gym that you pay to enter. But not everyone shares my views. That is why there is this special place called, get ready, a crossfit gym where all of the true endorphin junkies go to get their fix.

Today I love crossfit. Tomorrow I will love crossfit. But forever I'm sure to love fitness.
At the gym everyone is going hard and if you're not looking incredibly taxed during your workout you're doing it wrong. I wouldn't recommend crossfit to anyone with a heart problem. That shiz is intense! In the past I wanted to join crossfit to get completely jacked. I wanted to be as shredded as possible. My goals now are much different. I want to improve daily. I want to be the best me I can be. I want to set an example for the kids I work with daily. I want to show them that living a fit and healthy lifestyle is a key component for a happy and active lifestyle. I want to show them that dedication is something that can be learned in many different places. It can be learned on a team, in a gym, at school, at come, or even at work. If I should end up getting jacked from crossfit. That's wonderful... But it's just not my primary concern. My primary concern is happiness.




Bre: A new calling ED: voiceless

No comments:

Post a Comment