Friday, June 28, 2013

It Didn't Always Come So Naturally.

Hello, How was your day?
I'm well aware that my greetings have become a bit redundant and I'm really sorry! I need to work on my vocabulary a bit. On a more serious note, there is a reason why I'm beginning this post by asking how you are. I want you to reflect. Think. Take a minute and check in. How are you? Not what did you do today, but how are YOU? Are you satisfied with how you felt today? how you spent your day? how certain aspects of your day impacted you? There is a bajillion different ways to ask yourself how you are and how you are feeling. Pick a few of them and explore.

It's really important to check in with number one and ask yourself how you are feeling. Now matter how bad you want to please everyone else the most important person to you will ultimately always be you (even if you don't want it to be you). The truth is that once you are truly content you will find it easy to help others. Making people smile will come naturally to you. People can sense someone who is happy with themselves. People love that shiz. People crave that shiz.


Many times within this summer my friends and coworkers have commented on how natural it is for me to make people happy. Lately just the way I interact with people has been affecting them. The way I flirt a little and make people feel special actually does make people feel good. To be honest that's really a huge part of what I'd like to do for the people around me. To be honest since March it has been easy for me to make people feel special. But my flirtatious and confident nature hasn't always stood out as much. It's only since I've been in recovery and truly loving and accepting myself that I have been able to love and accept others. Before recovery I was more stand off ish. I distanced myself from others. I distanced myself from them even if we were friends. I didn't let them know the real me for fear of them noticing how fake I was. I was fake because I wasn't happy like I made myself seem. What a shame.

Today I am so ecstatic with how my life is. How my body is changing through crossfit. How the kids at work look up to me. How people now find me attractive. How people find me attractive for my mind and body (now that's hot).  How my friends love me the same as ever because they knew the real me when I didn't. Because I am so content with life, my body, and myself the real Bre is able to shine through. The real Bre that wants to see others light up the way recovery made Bre light up. Being happy makes other people happy (most of the time). Interactions are real now. Interactions are meaningful. I can let myself get attached to people. I feel myself getting stronger physically and mentally each day.

In synopsis, love yourself first then love your neighbor. You can only be real with others once you've learned to be real with yourself. Let yourself get attached and feel something. Emotions make it easier to relate to others. Make an effort to impact someones day for the better.

If you haven't made someone feel special and appreciated today you haven't felt special and appreciate yourself yet.

Let's change that.. Hey! You are Athena's angle of virtue. I dig that.

Bre: Changing peoples day for the better ED: I had trouble letting myself snack today.

No comments:

Post a Comment