Monday, July 21, 2014

Reasons why this summer might have been my best one yet

The summer of 2014 has not quite come to an end yet but already i have deemed it a good one. I've decided this based on an extremely complicated algorithm that I couldn't possibly explain.

One reason why this summer had been a good one is because I've spent more time with my pup than any summer before. I take him on long hikes. Sometimes alone sometimes with friends. I make sure he has water and gets an dog arthritis pill afterwards so he doesn't get to stiff. My man is getting older. I take pictures of him to capture every moment because moments with chops and i roaming in the alaskan wilderness are some of the purest and most genuine vie experienced. We cuddle on the daily. he trusts me so much that i can scoop him up from a deep slumber and lay him on my chest and his breathing wont even change. I tell him i love him via my mouth and he tells me via his eyes. This bond with chopper reminds me that no matter what rejection i face in the real world he could never hurt me. I once read that to humans dogs are just a part of their life but to the dog we are their whole life. His unconditional love is enough for me.

Another reason is that I've done what I've wanted this summer. I quit a job I was tired of to find work that made me happier. I took time for myself and spent time with good friends in a safe place. I'm working less and making less but I'm varying my resume and learning different skills. I'm putting myself in less than ideal situations and I'm rising to the occasion.

I'm becoming a better crossfitter. I'm getting stronger and faster. I'm becoming more encouraging while staying competitive. I'm writing down my workouts, times, weights, and scores. I'm treating equipment well and learning gym etiquette. I'm utilizing training partners. I'm learning how to fix form and how to do the movement correctly and efficiently myself. Mobility and flexibility have become important aspects of my training.

At one of my jobs I have the privilege of speaking spanish to my coworker. It's an awesome time and really good for both of us.


I've had flings and things that have made this summer interesting and sometimes a little dramatic. Sometimes they made me a little crazy but that just made me confide in friends. which then made my buds rise to the occasion and be there for me. So really i have no regrets.

I've spent time with the friends who matter most. I haven't spread myself to thin. I haven't had to cancel due to double booking and I haven't taken for granted any time I've spent with the ones i hold near and dear.

Nothing huge happened. No big trips. No sudden realizations. Just life and the things i love. Chops, not working, crossfit, spanish, girls, and friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment