Sunday, July 27, 2014

2014 Reebok Crossfit Games

The 2014 Reebok Crossfit Games were this weekend. So of course I was keeping up with them. What I saw was more than the top three men, women, and teams on the planet. I saw heart, discipline, plans, recovery, execution, and so much more. I saw years of hard work and training being put to the test. For some athletes their hard work and training didnt show as well as others. Thats a bummer for them for sure.. But this doesnt have to be the end. Sure, they didnt win this year but if they really wanted it. I mean REALLY wanted it they will try again. They will be back with vengeance. Even then they might not win. But what is most impressive to me with the crossfit games is those athletes like Rebecca Voigt and Chris Spealler who have competed over and over again in the Reebok Crossfit Games. Winning isnt everything. But being in the top 40 fittest men and women on the planet? that is everything. The support that they have taken, shown, and given the sport is incredible and a tribute to the community that crossfit builds.

I saw about one hundred athletes experience the raw emotions that I experience everyday. I saw them surprise themselves and cry. I saw them pick other athletes off the ground and worry about their injuries. I saw heartbreak and angry faces. I saw emotion. I used to think were to much for the level that im at. I now see that when you are that invested in a sport/life style. Emotion comes naturally. We all feel this way. Yes I said "we". because in the crossfit community the best in the world wouldnt mind that I grouped myself with them. They just want me to achieve all that I can. Its a beautiful thing knowing that I could walk up to any 2014 games competitor hug them and they wouldnt see it as weird. Crossfitters who take this shit seriously have a bond. I bond that goes past competition and morphs into a brotherhood.

Everyday I'm greatful to have been invited into the crossfit way of life. Nothing gives me more pleasure than spreading the crossfit love that I have. Soon I will be a coach. And that is almost unfathomable to me.



God Bless Crossfit, and Rich Froning.

No comments:

Post a Comment