Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Friends

Hey guys!

So today I'd like to write about a super cool kid I met this summer. Technically she's not a kid.. She is actually 18. But since she just graduated from high school and has the soul of an 8 year old I'm going to call her a kid.

Anyways, we met at the camp we work at. We started goofing around after the second week or so. I guess kindred spirits are just drawn to one another. We are both sporty. We both act like children (me more so when I'm with her.) We both are genuinely happy people who don't let others get us down. We both like to wrestle. At first it was like I was always instigating it but by the end of this summer she was starting the brawls just as much as me (remember when I like someone, even a new friend, I need to touch them and be near them. If you can't handle it I will break you of your boundaries. That's not a threat but a promise.)

I've only known Monica for 12 weeks now. And yet I feel like we are best friends. I haven't told her that we are best friends yet but I'm going to ask her to read this so I guess she will find out. Cute huh? So even though I've only known Monica for 12 weeks I've gotten attached. It just goes to show that you don't have to know someone that long to know that you care for them. I'm going to be bummed when this little tyke goes off to college but I know that I've made a life long friend.

Love you Monica (D3!) She plays D3 soccer at Pacific Lutheran University. She thinks I'm making fun of her when I yell "Let's go D3!" but really I'm not. I think it's awesome that she gets to play the sport that she loves at a collegiate level. Hell my sport isn't even recognized by colleges yet.

Long story short. Let yourself get attached to new and exciting people. It might suck when they leave and you might miss them when you are apart but the time you spent together and the reunion you are bound to have will make the time apart just a blur.

That's Monica and I wrestling at camp, she tried to steal my phone. We aren't always the best example for the campers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment