Sunday, August 18, 2013

Magic Serum

Greetings!

So today is Sunday... Rest Day. Possibly the most boring day of my week. I just don't feel like I've done much through out the day if I don't work out. It doesn't really matter how much I get accomplished through out a rest day I still somewhat feel like I've wasted the day if I haven't gotten sweaty. I know that is irrational and that I should be proud of the things I accomplished today but really I'm not impressed. I would've rather not gotten anything done if It would've meant that I wouldn't have to take a rest day. Normally if it is a rest day and I am feeling wily I will workout anyways. Just do some Power Yoga or do some cardio without weight training but today I woke up still sore from Thursday's Deadlifts so I knew that if I wanted my body to get stronger and recover I'd have to give it the day. In all honestly by body could probably use more than just one rest day a week but at this point in my training I really want to stick to 6 days on 1 day off.

I feel bad about not giving my body what it craves sometimes. I know that sometimes I should just give my body a rest but I don't want to! I love to train. I genuinely love the feeling I get before, during, and after a workout. A huge part of my day consists of thinking about training thinking about goals and other aspects of becoming a better athlete. I don't think that is an eating disorder I think that is determination to reach my goals. If I have something else I HAVE to do that makes it impossible to workout on a day that is not Sunday I deal with it. It doesn't stress me out like it used to in the past. It's just a bummer that I can't train that day.

But back to being sore from Thursday. Just this afternoon my legs started feeling normal again. Its been 2 and a half days! Is that normal? Is that a sign that I haven't been giving my body enough protein or rest to recover? There are just so many variables. It's impossible to get everything right. I want some special serum that would allow me to not need recovery time. That would be wonderful.

But then I wonder that if I had that magic potion would it take something away from the fun of athletics. Probably. Maybe I don't want that. But what I do want is to be a fitness genius. I want to know exactly what to do to make my body function at it's optional level.

Anyways.. That was my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment