Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One Year Down One Hundred to Go!

Heyyyyy! guess what last week was.

MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of being ED-free! A year of not completely obsessing about what I put into my body and how food is being used in my body. A year without overtraining, over eating, under eating, and neglecting myself. A year with friends who support me and family that cares. A year without missing out on the good things in life to make time for the destructive things. It's been a year of loving myself and everything around me. A year of appreciating what I've accomplished and learning what is still to come. I've picked up a sport that focuses on performance and not my body fat percentage. I've bought bigger clothes that don't pinch me and make me feel uncomfortable.I've surrounded myself with men and women who are more impressed with the amount of weight I can lift than the definition of my stomach. I've become very comfortable with my naked body and absolutely love walking around without my movement being restricted my clothes. I've learned new ways to cope with discomfort, stress, and even heart break. I've discovered that food is never the solution to anything besides hunger. But sometimes your mind will convince you that a sugary food is the only way to satisfy you.. I've learned that that is A-Okay and sometimes the way it has to be.

I've been intuitive eating for a year now. Which means I eat whatever I want when I want. Most of the time I want food that fuels me anyways so really it's been a good experience for my mind and my body. I highly HIGHLY recommend this way of eating (not diet) to anyone struggling with food issues (food issues could basically mean anything, therefore this is open to interpretation). Sooner or later I plan on changing my diet a wittle. Not because I think I need to be skinnier, not because I think changing the food that I eat will make me more attractive or desirable. I plan on changing it solely to make my crossfit dreams more of a reality. Eventually, probably pretty soon here. Whenever I think I'm ready. I'm doing to start eating cleaner. I expect my body to perform at it's highest level, which means it needs to have the energy to do so. I plan on eating as much healthy food as my body needs. This past year I've been making leaps and bounds in my life and in my physical performance. Why not make it easier for my body to bound? Don't get me wrong. I will still treat myself and give my body what it craves. But not to the extreme that I have been this past year.


It's been a wonderful year and I cant make it clear how grateful I am to experience life the way I have been.

Sometimes you need to experience darkness to appreciate the light.

Sometimes you need to take a risk and be someone you've never been to achieve something you never have.

I'm Learning Self Love and Self Lust every day.

1 comment:

  1. You've got a BUNCH of people who love and respect you, Bri! Keep takin it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete